If you are a lot into Google Drive and use either Chrome or Firefox, then this tip is for you.
Search Google Drive files from Chrome
If you’re using Chrome, we have a couple of options here. Install Google Drive Quick Search extension for chrome. Once the installation is complete and extension is ready to use, just type drive in the address bar and hit TAB key. Now you can enter what you want to search for.
If you don’t like extensions, alternatively you can follow these simple steps:
- Right click on the Chrome address bar.
- Choose Edit Search Engine… from the menu options. This will open the settings page for Search Engines in Chrome.
- Alternatively you may directly enter chrome://settings/searchEngines in the address bar and skip above steps.
- Scroll down to “Other search engines” and add a new search engine.
- Enter “Google Drive” as the name for your search engine or whatever you would like to call it, “drive” as the keyword you’ll type for activating search (again your choice) and URL as https://drive.google.com/?hl=en&tab=bo#search/%s
- Now you’re ready to use new search module. Enter your keyword “drive”, hit TAB key and enter your search term.
Search Google Drive files from Firefox
For Firefox too there is an extension called “Google Drive Files Search”. Install Google Drive Files Search using Firefox and click Add to Firefox. This will add a new search engine module to Firefox. Howevere, for quick access from the address bar, you need to do the following:
- Go to Manage Search Engines… from the search box drop down menu.
- Select newly added module “Google Drive” and click Edit Keyword….
- Enter a keyword of your choice say “drive”.
- Click OK to close both the dialogs.
- Go to Firefox address bar and enter “drive”, SPACE followed by the search term.